Caligram

 

Artist Statement:

I decided to create my calligram a hand because for me it means to calm down. As we are growing up, time goes by so fast, which is the whole meaning behind my hand. With this project, I wanted to let people know that it is ok to stop sometimes and relax. People need to enjoy every second of life so when something is not going your way, just stop and relax.

As I create this piece of art, memories come up of when I was younger and stressing over things that did not matter 6 months later. Life is so fast that people need to do what makes them excited and happy with life. As I grow older, I understand that life is hard and difficult but I want this piece of art to let me know that not everything is going to go your way, so relax. 




My Letter:

Dear Bexhet or Jon or whatever your name will be,

            Before we start, I hope that you never forgot where you came from and your goal. You should be 39 somewhere living life or maybe you're dead, who knows. Even though it is hard to believe now, I bet that those 20 years went faster than you expected. I am currently a sophomore at the University of Tampa studying Marketing. I just came back from Albania and sold the F250 if you remember. Currently, covid is still a part of our lives even though it started two years ago at this point. Hopefully, it will end relatively soon after I write this. David just started playing soccer and he actually enjoys it. Mom and dad are in good health right now working. 

I’m sure that you are currently in Florida, Albania, or somewhere in Europe because I don't see you living anywhere else. You're probably married right now and have a couple of kids. Make sure that your kids start playing soccer at an early age because I know they will be superstars. Be sure to expose your kids to real-life at an early age just how your dad did with you. Don’t let them forget where they are from because that is a big deal. If they do not know Albanian, I wouldn't be too happy. At the end of the day, as long as you are happy doing something you love with the people you love, life will be amazing. 

As I am writing this, I am under a lot of stress and there is only one way to resolve that(if you know, you know). I am trying to become the best version of myself at an early age but that doesn’t come without challenges and failures. Currently, you go to school, work, and sleep but hey, isn’t that the key to success? Now that you are older and out of school, you have a steady job which allows you to have freedom and travel. This 19-year-old would be mad if you had anyone control you and tell you what to do at 40 years old. By that time, you should have figured out how real estate investing can provide a life where all you have to do is find tenants and that is pretty easy as there are so many people moving to Tampa every day. Life is not fair, so do what you are happy with. Soon, you will be financially stable and in a couple of years, Albania will become your home. As I end this letter, I just have one more question. Did you marry HER?

 I’ll see you soon,

19 year old you

     




Comments

  1. I love this! I think we could all use a reminder to calm down sometimes, haha. I also like the hand imagery because hand turkeys are the only things I can draw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cool. I like how simple it is, it actually adds so much to the overall perception of it. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this project, I think it came out really cool. Simple yet elegant. Good job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AutoScopy

Business Cards